Forklifts are indispensable when it comes to working in warehouses, large-area stores or production and construction sites. Entrepreneurs sometimes choose to purchase used vehicles to minimize costs. What to look for when buying a used forklift? What to check exactly?
The purchase of a used forklift is quite a tempting solution for many entrepreneurs. In this way, you can reduce costs and choose a very economical option. However, it is worth remembering that the purchase of a used vehicle is also associated with a certain risk, especially if we decide to make a transaction with an unknown seller.
What to check when buying a used forklift?
Entrepreneurs who decide to buy a used forklift truck should first carefully consider their needs and budget. The forklift drive is of particular importance in this context – currently the most recommended are electric models, which enable operation both inside and outside buildings. In addition, these are ecological vehicles that are safe for employees and the natural environment. Internal combustion forklifts work well in open spaces and are cheaper, but unfortunately not environmentally friendly. Companies that need electric models can save a large amount by purchasing used trucks. However, it is worth remembering to check such aspects as:
- brand – it is definitely better to choose vehicles from reliable, recognized manufacturers. Such models are characterized by durability, high-quality workmanship, precision and safety;
- the mileage of the truck, the number of engine hours spent and the year of production – it is worth noting that the mileage is more important, because even a relatively new vehicle could be used a lot, and this involves greater wear of parts;
- general technical condition of the forklift and access to specialized service;
- warranty on the part of the seller and reliable opinion on his part.
The condition of the individual parts of the forklift truck, such as the battery and bearings, is also very important.
Buying a forklift from a reputable company is a good choice
Buying a used forklift will pay off if you choose a good company. The brand Still is a great choice, offering a wide selection of used vehicles. These models have been repaired and professionally refurbished. Such used equipment ensures very high quality and safety of use. This means that there are no problems with constant repairs and the uncertain origin of the forklifts. All vehicles are checked by service technicians and renewed using Still brand spare parts in Mrowino near Poznań, Poland. Still used trucks are characterized by:
- High quality;
- Certain source of origin;
- Professional service and warranty;
- Availability of equipment even on the second day;
- Possibility of retrofitting forklifts;
- Attractive financing conditions.
So it can be considered that buying used forklifts from manufacturers is a very good solution. In this way, risks and various dangers are avoided. Reputable companies, in a sense, sign off for each of their equipment, including the used one. So if any problems arise, it will be easy to get help from the site. Additionally, there is no problem with contacting representatives of a given company.
Is it worth buying used forklifts?
It is worth deciding to buy used forklifts, but you should pay special attention to the origin of such vehicles. The best choice is a model from a reputable manufacturer. Better to avoid unknown sellers or offers from the Internet of unknown origin. The most important advantages of buying a used truck are:
- a much lower price than in the case of a new truck – the company can save a lot and allocate these funds to another purpose. This is especially true for smaller enterprises without large capital;
- a wide range of used forklifts – it is easy to choose something that suits the individual needs and budget of the company;
- a choice of a used truck from a reputable manufacturer that repaired the equipment and provides a warranty and service option;
- The forklift can be refreshed by the company, so it looks and performs just like new equipment.
It is worth remembering to carefully check its origin, brand, number of engine hours and technical condition before buying a used forklift. This is the only way to make a good deal that will actually turn out to be economical. When buying a used truck from the manufacturer, you can count on a warranty, service and repair, as well as attractive financial conditions.